…And I’m not talking about the Man U-Chelsea game!
I am one of those individuals who likes to get all things done and done NOW. I love that feeling of accomplishment. I am CLEARLY one of those individuals who realized that that is a near impossibility. You cannot do it all at once. You need to prioritize. You need to have short as well as long-term goals. But wharraa thoose? Let’s take a look.
This is something you want to do in the near future. Could be this week, this month, or even this year. A short-term goal is something you want to accomplish soon. Say 12 months or less.
For example: a) Taking up a managerial class.
b) Moving from a bedsitter to a one bedroomed house.
c) Updating your website.
Now this is something you want to do further in the future. It will demand more time and planning from you; not just a week or even a year. Talk of 12 months or more to achieve.
For example: a)Saving for retirement
b)Having your business
c)Building your brand.
It’s important to think of your long term goals first then work backwards on how you shall achieve them by looking at the short term goals. For instance, if you want to have your own business as your long term goal, your short term goals can be:
1. Researching on your business idea.
2. Enrolling in a class that teaches about entrepreneurship. Like Centonomy, like me!
3. Saving for capital.
4. Registering the business.
Once you know your end goal (long-term goal) and sit down to forge and write down a plan while including a time frame of when those short-term goals will be accomplished, you realize there is less pressure and you are able to prioritize.
Read my post on prioritizing on the Homeboyz Radio site HERE! Then come back as I share with you my very personal short and long term goals. I’ll wait…
My Short-Term Goals (just a few..lol)
- Increase the number of posts on this site- up to 4 a week. Starting this week.
- Get MRX office space- I have till March.
- Graduate from Centonomy Entrepreneurship class. In a few weeks.
- Move houses by December.
- Visit my folks by January.
My Long-Term Goals.
- Establish my company-MRX Media as the cultural movement that inspires as well as connects Kenyan Youth.
- Playmate for Jabari (Lol! I have 2 more years! MAX!)
- Change the education sector in Kenya (Targeting both teachers and students)
- Develop and teach a course in many Universities in Kenya.
- World domination (Just kidding! That’s Mojo Jojo’s long term goal. 😂 😂)
See, even villains make a plan…
All the best as you set your goals! Do not be afraid to dream and dream BIG.
Remember,your dream/goal has to be SO BIG that it scares you. DARE to dream, MAKE a plan, GO out and make it happen! Remember me by these words!
Short exercise: Which one is a short/long term goal?
1. Going to live abroad.
2. Starting a family.
3. Ask your boss for days off.
4. Being a doctor.
Please share with me below your one short and one long-term goal. Eagerly waiting!
Love. Live. Learn.